What criteria should an organization consider when purchasing a bicycle rack?
Here’s my quick answer. What would you add? Any recommendations?
(I like the ones in Uptown Waterloo that feature a heavy duty steel ring afixed to a solid steel post buried in concrete. I also kind of like the stuff from www.parkabike.com)
- Close to the main entrance areas
- Good visibility
- Good lighting
- High pedestrian traffic
- Good view from within the building
- Frame height and contacts the bicycle in two spots to keep the bike upright.
- Anchored to the ground, immovable.
- Great if the steel is coated in vinyl or rubber